An easy shrimp scampi pasta recipe: scampi ragout!
- Courses: Primi Piatti
Preparation time30 Minutes
Cook time12 Minutes
Total time42 Minutes
The recipe is from Simone Donati: thank you for sharing and for teaching us the meaning of fumet!
Ingredients for 4 people
- 12 Scampi fresh
- 1 Carot
- 1 Celery stick
- 1 Leek
- Half Lemon
- q.b. Extra virgin olive oil
- s.q. Salt
First of all, remove the pulp from the Scampi tails and cut it into small pieces with a knife as a kind of ragout .
- Set aside the pulp, take the heads and claws (did you know that they are called shells ??) and sauté for a minute in a pan.
- At this point, add the vegetables (carrot, celery and leek), half liter of water and salt it in order to make a flavorful broth.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta al dente (Reginette recommended) and finish your cooking in the scampi fumet (broth for us mortals).
- Add the juice of half a lemon, extra virgin olive oil and turn off the heat .
- Add the pulp tails cut ragout to the pasta... and serve! Buon Appetito!